Travel: Greece 2017
It is with great pleasure that we launch the Emmanuel Alumni Travel Program to Greece! Join us in May 2017 as we discover and connect the birthplace of creative genius that shaped the heart of Western democracy and culture to the geopolitical reality of the 21st century.
Our itinerary is designed to mirror the experience that EC students have had on similar trips led by Emmanuel College Associate Professor of Political Science Petros Vamvakas since 2010. We will travel in space and time as we experience Pericles’ Greece within a modern European state that straddles the geopolitical crossroads of three continents.
Visit the majestic ruins of ancient Athens alongside the state-of-the art museums of today's city. Travel to the classical sites of Delphi, Sounion and Epidavros. And journey to the islands of Aegina, Hydra and Poros, with its fifth-century Temple of Aphaea. Through insightful and thought-provoking discussions with Professor Vamvakas and our Greek hosts and guides, you will examine the significance of Greek architecture, drama, politics, music, art and philosophy since the 5th century BC.
- Sunday, May 14, 2017: Depart from Boston to Athens.
- Monday, May 15, 2017: Arrive Athens; bus to hotel; walk to Parliament Square and Plaka for dinner.
- Tuesday, May 16, 2017: Hotel breakfast; walk to Keramikos Cemetery and the Parthenon, lunch and visit to Acropolis Museum; dinner in Athens.
- Wednesday, May 17, 2017: Hotel breakfast; bus trip to Sounio and Laurion, visit to the Temple of Poseidon and lecture; afternoon walk in Athens visiting The Ancient and Roman Agora, Hadrian's Arch, the Ancient Temple of Olympian Zeus, The Theatre of Dionysos and Philopappou Hill, The National Garden, Zappeion, and the traditional neighbourhoods of the historical Centre of Athens including Plaka, Anafiotika, Thisio, Psirri, Metaxourgeio, Makriyanni and Koukaki; dinner in Athens.
- Thursday, May 18, 2017: Hotel breakfast; bus trip to Delphi with full day tour, visit to the Temple of Apollo and lunch included; Return to Athens for dinner
- Friday, May 19, 2017: Hotel breakfast; bus trip to Epidauros and visit of the Ancient Theater and Mycenae; return to Athens for dinner.
- Saturday, May 20, 2017: Hotel breakfast; one-day cruise of the Saronic islands (Poros – Hydra – Aegina) with on-board lunch included and free time at each island; return to Athens for dinner.
- Sunday, May 21, 2017: Hotel breakfast; tour of Parliament, National Archeological Museum and dinner at the port of Piraeus.
- Monday, May 22, 2017: Hotel breakfast; Benaki Museum; shopping in Athens and Farewell Dinner.
- Tuesday, May 23, 2017: Departure from Athens to Boston.
Details & Fees
- Roundtrip airfare from Boston, MA (Logan) to Greece
- Hotel accomodations at Divani Palace Acropolis
- Transportation by luxury bus and pick up/drop off service to/from Divani Palace Acropolis
- Excursions, including entrance fees in the sites of Acropolis Museum, National Archeaological Museum, Benakis Museum, Sounion, Delphi, Argolis.
- Hotel breakfast daily and some meals: Lunch in Delphi, Argolis and on board one-day cruise; Welcome and Farewell Dinners
- English-speaking, licensed guide at the Acropolis Museum, Sounion, Delphi and Argolis tours; and escorts and guides on board the ship for the one-day cruise.
- Travel insurance
- Includes all taxes and fees
- $600 of this total will be applied to a scholarship fund to provide study abroad opportunities for Emmanuel College students.
Price: $3,675 per person, based on double occupancy. Single occupancy available for an additional $600.
Don't wait to take advantage of this opportunity! Space is limited and deposits are due by February 1st. This trip is open to alumni and their friends and family.
Travel is booked through our agent at ActiveTravels:
Lisa Leavitt, Active Travels LLC
617-614-9877 | www.activetravels.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
ActiveTravels LLC, 89 Roundwood Road, Newton, MA 02464
Checks in the amount $3075.00 can be made payable to ActiveTravels LLC and mailed to the above address. A check for $600 to support the study abroad scholarship should be made out to Emmanuel College and mailed directly to:
Kristen Conroy, Emmanuel College
Office of Development & Alumni Relations
400 The Fenway, Boston, MA 02115
For any questions, please contact Petros Vamvakas at email@example.com.